In order to solicit a building permit in the Osa municipality it is necessary to first apply for a building location permit and be able to provide the reference number.
What does the building location permit process consist of?
The building location permit process consists of providing information relating to the geographic location of the lot to be built upon, property boundary lines, existing services on the lot, management of rainwater and residual waters, land use, and a description of the project to be development.
Requirements for obtaining the building location permit
- Be current with municipal service and tax payments
- Complete the building location permit form
- Provide a certified copy of the cadastral plan
- Pay the inspection fee
- The cadastral plan must be stamped by the Costa Rican Electrical Institute (ICE – Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad) and the aqueduct and sewage system agency (ASADA), or be able to provide a document from the competent entity confirming the availability of water
- Provide a sketch of the water treatment plant, drains, or area for rainwater and runoff to be discharged. This is an indispensable requirement.
- Provide a sketch of the area to be built (only need to specify on what part of the cadastral plan construction will take place)
- Copy of of both sides of personal identification (residency identification or passport) of the property owner
- Copy of the corporate identification, if a corporation is involved
- Provide a copy of the Land Use permit
Where to obtain the building location permit
The building location permit is solicited at Osa municipal government offices Ciudad Cortes. The offices are open Monday to Thursday 7:00am to 4:00pm and Friday from 7:00am to 3:00pm. Additional information is available on the Osa government’s website.
Permitting information, instructions, and forms are available on the municipal government’s website.
The Osa municipal government is also available to answer questions via their website, telephone, or in person. Assistance via Whatsapp messaging is also possible Monday to Thursday from 7:30am to 4:30pm and Friday from 7:30am to 3:300pm at the following number: +506 8633-7171